When someone in your family suffers from Alzheimer disease or other related memory loss diseases, both you and your loved one face immense challenges. For over thirty years, this book has been the trusted bible for families affected by dementia disorders. Now completely revised and updated, this guide features the latest information on the causes of dementia, managing the early stages of dementia, the prevention of dementia, and finding appropriate living arrangements for the person who has dementia when home care is no longer an option.
– The basic facts about dementia
– How to deal with problems arising in daily care– meals, exercise, personal hygiene, and safety
– How to cope with an impaired person’s false ideas, suspicion, anger, and other mood problems
– How to get outside help from support groups, friends, and agencies
– Financial and legal issues you must address.
Comprehensive and compassionate, The 36 hour day is a great guide to help your family through this difficult time.