Reminiscence: Social and Creative Activities
Reminiscence sessions and associated activities are an appropriate and effective way of bringing pleasure, stimulation, meaning and purpose into the lives of older people in care. This popular manual describes in some detail the kind of activities that can be carried out, as well as the principles behind reminiscence work.
This inspiring and well-written manual is an indispensable resource to anyone working with older people in care.
• Includes ideas for activities, themes and resources using photographs, slides, videos, cultural trips and involving the local school.
• Offers some unusual and more elaborate ideas such as putting on a reminiscence exhibition, writing a book, making a radio play and arranging theatrical performances.
• Themes include: childhood, home life, food recipes, transport, holidays, work, cinema, entertainers, weddings, fashion style, royalty and then now.
• Includes added ideas on how to adapt the activities for ill and frail people.
• The fourth age
• Benefits of reminiscence work
• Principles of practice
• Reminiscence resources
• Contexts for activity
• Getting down to work
• High dependency settings
260 pages. Paperback
Who Will Benefit from this Activity?
Reminiscence: Social and Creative Activities is an indespensible resource for anyone caring for the elderly. It contains activities and ideas for people in all stages of dementia as well as valuable information on the principles behind reminiscence therapy.
If you need help choosing an appropriate activity for someone affected by dementia, click here to view our guidelines.