Pocket ColourCards For Adults: Personal Items
A versatile set illustrating personal belongings.
For improving vocabulary, communicating needs or as a flexible and targeted tool for language development with older adults, these 40 photographic cards are an essential tool for therapists and carers.
• Personal hygiene (eg, comb; nail scissors; deodorant; false teeth; hair dryer)
• Medical aids (eg, prescription; hearing aid; communication book or aid; spectacles)
• Caluables (eg, wallet; cheque book; allowance book; mobile phone; jewellery; watch; handbag; wedding ring)
• Clothing (eg, dressing gown; slippers; shoes; overcoat)
• Practical personal (eg, pen and paper; diary; family photos; personal stereo; book; magazine; cushion; letter).
40 cards, 127x90mm + instruction cards, boxed.
Who Will Benefit from this Activity?
Pocket ColourCards For Adults: Personal Items will be enjoyed by people in all stages of dementia. The outcome of the activity may vary greatly depending on the person’s ability, however for people with dementia, it is important to remember that when participating in the activity, the focus should not be about the activity itself, but the quality and enjoyment of the interaction. It is the enjoyment of the activity that will contribute to their overall sense of happiness and well-being.
If you need help choosing an appropriate activity for someone affected by dementia, click here to view our guidelines.