The Octaband® is a fun, interactive tool which promotes individuality and group cohesion through movement for people of all ages and abilities. The stretchy material, bright colours, and innovative design stimulate self-expression, spontaneity, and awareness of others. The centre circle provides a strong visual focus, and the 13.75 cm hem at the end of each leg allows those with limited grasping ability to participate.
The Octaband® has been used with great success by dance movement therapists, music therapists, teachers, recreation therapists, activities directors, occupational therapists, special needs teachers, and team builders. It has been found to be especially effective for use with elderly with Alzheimer’s disease or other dementias.
Special Features of the Octaband®
- Centre circle provides strong visual focus – extends to 3m
- For use by 4-16 people
- Lightweight – just 0.7kg
- Bright colours enhance liveliness
- Stretchy material encourages playfulness – 80% nylon and 20% spandex
- Machine wash cold and line dry
- Separate legs promote individualised movement
- 13.75 cm hem allows those with limited grasping ability to participate
Octaband® Activity Guide English (pdf)
The video below shows how the Octaband can be used across all ages and is particularly beneficial for activities or therapeutic use with the elderly.