Fruit Shapes in a Jar: Lacing is excellent for developing a range of skills and is a fun activity to do when leading up to a special day where the string of fruit can be worn as a necklace or used as a decoration on a table or around a notice board !
- Easily stored in a plastic jar measuring 10cm x 15cm
- Contains 30 pieces of wooden fruits – pears, oranges slices, watermelons, plums, and strawberries and 2 laces for threading
- Each fruit measures between 3cm and 7cm
- Made from wood
- Made in China
- Certified to Australian and European toy safety standards
Helps to Develop:
- Fine Motor Skills
- Colour and shape recognition
- Recognition and identification of different types of fruit Pattern and sequencing skills
- Hand / Eye Coordination
Who Will Benefit from this Activity?
This lacing kit is suitable for everyone, however will be most enjoyed by people in the moderate to later stages of dementia. The outcome of the activity may vary depending on the person’s ability, however for people with dementia, it is important to remember that when participating in the activity, the focus should not be about the activity itself, but the quality and enjoyment of the interaction. It is the enjoyment of the activity that will contribute to their overall sense of happiness and well-being.
If you need help choosing an appropriate activity for someone affected by dementia, click here to view our guidelines.