ColourLibrary ColourCards: Transport & Vehicles
96 cards of transport vehicles.
From bicycles to boats and trucks to trains, this transoprtation set can be used as a starting point for conversation, sorted into appropraite categories and other activities.
The categories are:
• Air – plane, glider and rocket, etc.
• Water – hovercraft, barge and rowing boat, etc.
• Rail – train, monorail and underground, etc.
• Personal – car, caravan and horse trailer, etc
• Cycles – such as scooter, mountain bike and tandem, etc.
• Service/work – such as ambulance, dustbin lorry and oil tanker, etc.
Who Will Benefit from this Activity?
ColourLibrary ColourCards: Transport & Vehicles will be enjoyed by people in all stages of dementia. The outcome of the activity may vary depending on the person’s ability, however for people with dementia, it is important to remember that when participating in the activity, the focus should not be about the activity itself, but the quality and enjoyment of the interaction. It is the enjoyment of the activity that will contribute to their overall sense of happiness and well-being.
If you need help choosing an appropriate activity for someone affected by dementia, click here to view our guidelines.