ColourLibrary ColourCards: Sport & Leisure Cards
96 cards illustrating sport and leisure to enhance communication skills.
A popular choice for everyone, the cards can be used as a starting point for conversation or to sort them into their different categories. This can be done on various levels of difficulty, for example, ‘Show me the game of tennis’, or ‘Which one needs a ball?’
The categories are:
• Adventure Sports – ballooning, rallying, water skiiing, etc.
• Team Sports – football, cricket, polo, etc.
• Individual Sports – tennis, fencing, running, etc.
• Hobbies – cycling, fishing, gardening, etc.
• Pastimes – chess, music, reading, etc.
• Entertainment – art galleries, sightseeing, watching TV, etc.
Who Will Benefit from this Activity?
ColourLibrary ColourCards: Sport & Leisure will be enjoyed by people in all stages of dementia. The outcome of the activity may vary depending on the person’s ability, however for people with dementia, it is important to remember that when participating in the activity, the focus should not be about the activity itself, but the quality and enjoyment of the interaction. It is the enjoyment of the activity that will contribute to their overall sense of happiness and well-being.
If you need help choosing an appropriate activity for someone affected by dementia, click here to view our guidelines.