ColourLibrary ColourCards: Possessions
These cards can be used in all aspects of language development and teaching. They are ideal as conversation starters or the user can be asked to sort the cards into categories.
The categories are:
• Care – pills, glasses and walking stick
• Children – toys, satchel and lunch box
• Domestic – book, camera and sewing machine
• Leisure – chess, guitar and knitting
• Personal – wallet, jewellery and keys
• Toiletries – razor, make up and hair brush.
96 cards 105 x 148mm + booklet, boxed
Who Will Benefit from this Activity?
ColourLibrary ColourCards: Possessions will be enjoyed by people in all stages of dementia. The outcome of the activity may vary depending on the person’s ability, however for people with dementia, it is important to remember that when participating in the activity, the focus should not be about the activity itself, but the quality and enjoyment of the interaction. It is the enjoyment of the activity that will contribute to their overall sense of happiness and well-being.
If you need help choosing an appropriate activity for someone affected by dementia, click here to view our guidelines.