ColourLibrary ColourCards: Home
96 cards of furniture and household items to enhance communication skills.
Ideal starting points for conversation or an excellent sorting activity. Questions can be asked at various levels of difficulty, for example,‘Show me the TV’ or ‘Which one is for cooking the food?’ The categories are:
• Living Room – such as armchair, house plant, TV
• Kitchen – such as broom, cooker, washing machine
• Bedroom – such as bed, mirror, wardrobe
• Bathroom – such as bath, toothbrush, bathroom scales
• Office – such as printer, telephone, bin
• Garden & Shed – such as lawnmower,deckchair, barbecue
Beautiful clear and modern images, this set contains 96 cards 105 x 148 mm + booklet, boxed.
Who Will Benefit from this Activity?
ColourLibrary ColourCards: Home will be enjoyed by people in all stages of dementia. The outcome of the activity may vary depending on the person’s ability, however for people with dementia, it is important to remember that when participating in the activity, the focus should not be about the activity itself, but the quality and enjoyment of the interaction. It is the enjoyment of the activity that will contribute to their overall sense of happiness and well-being.
If you need help choosing an appropriate activity for someone affected by dementia, click here to view our guidelines.