ColourLibrary ColourCards: Animals & Birds
96 cards featuring a selection of living creatures from all over the world.
Use these cards as a starting point for conversation or ask the user to sorts them into categories. The difficulty can be varied, for example, ‘Point at the bird’ or ‘Which one lays eggs?’
The categories are:
• Wild land animals – elephants, lion, mouse, etc.
• Domestic animals – cat, dog, horse, etc.
• Insects/mini beasts – butterfly, housefly, wasp, etc.
• Reptiles and amphibians – alligator, frog, snake, etc.
• Marine life – crab, dolphin, lobster, etc.
• Birds – duck, owl, sparrow, etc.
Who Will Benefit from this Activity?
ColourLibrary ColourCards: Animals & Birds will be enjoyed by people in all stages of dementia. The outcome of the activity may vary depending on the person’s ability, however for people with dementia, it is important to remember that when participating in the activity, the focus should not be about the activity itself, but the quality and enjoyment of the interaction. It is the enjoyment of the activity that will contribute to their overall sense of happiness and well-being.
If you need help choosing an appropriate activity for someone affected by dementia, click here to view our guidelines.