Improvement of upper body and leg strength is important and possible at any age. In the first 20-minute session Betty Switkes leads the group in a warm-up emphasizing strength building with neckties, a balancing exercise done standing or seated, and a lively seated dance.
The second 20-minute session features gentle aerobics, upper body strengthening using soup cans as weights, enjoyable dance motions and a pleasant cool-down. The routines are accompanied by lively big band and popular music.
Benefits of this program practiced two or three times a week include:
- Increased stamina and muscle strength, especially in the upper body
- Improved circulation, flexibility, coordination and balance
- Strengthened heart and lungs
- Lower blood pressure
- Enhanced sense of well-being and reduced susceptibility to depression
- Relaxation and improved body-mind harmony
Note: before undertaking any exercise it is important that you consult your Doctor or Healthcare Professional.