Mix the friendly competition of bingo with everyone’s love of music, and you have a winning combination! Participants will be humming as they play the newest song version of the classic game.
ElderSong Bingo features:
* A compact disk with 20-30-second excerpts of 54 different songs, specially selected to be easily recognized;
* 24 different 20cm x 27.5cm bingo game cards, with 16 large-print song titles on each card;
* Laminated list of the 54 songs on the CD for rapid check-off when a song has been played;
* One dry-erase pen for marking the laminated song list;
* Game instructions and adaptations.
Game is packaged in a snap-handled plastic carrying bag. The CD can also be used to play “Name That Tune.”
Who Will Benefit from this Activity?
The Eldersong Bingo Game will be most enjoyed by people in the early to moderate stages of dementia. People in the later stages of dementia may also benefit from the interaction and conversation of the activity, providing the group size is kept small, so that he or she does not become over stimulated and agitated as a result of too much going on around them.
The outcome of the activity may vary depending on the person’s ability, however for people with dementia, it is important to remember that when participating in the activity, the focus should not be about the activity itself, but the quality and enjoyment of the interaction. It is the enjoyment of the activity that will contribute to their overall sense of happiness and well-being. Those in the later stages of dementia may not be able to participate fully, however they will benefit from the interaction and conversation of the activity.
If you need help choosing an appropriate activity for someone affected by dementia, click here to view our guidelines.